Amar kutir Santiniketan Bolpur | Tips Before you go in 2019
Amar Kutir in Bolpur Santiniketan
Bolpur is called “Lal Matir Desh” but now you can see red soil only in Amar Kutir premises. It is one of the prime attractions in Shantiniketan with a historic value. When I visit Shantiniketan, we stay in Amar Kutir guest house. Bolpur station to Amar Kutir distance is around 7 km. Toto’s available for visiting all the tourist places in Shantiniketan Bolpur. You can find a performance stage where artists are singing Baul Gaan. Also, it has a garment and handmade product shop where you can buy stuff for your own and your families.
Amar Kutir Santiniketan History
Amar Kutir was established in 1923 by the great freedom fighter Late Susen Mukherjee with the inspiration of Rabindranath Tagore. In 1932 it was closed by the British government for Swadeshi Movement . After Independence Rabindranath Tagore re-opened amar kutir for helping rural development. Since then, this society provides training and support for making handmade products to rural peoples. This organization encouraged and motivates women’s for self-independence.
Amar Kutir Showroom
In the main premises, you can find different workshops. You can visit and observe the procedure of how they made the handmade products. There is an exhibition hall as well. It’s now became a shopping centre from where you can buy many products which all are made by the local people. You can find
- Dokra sculpture, ornaments
- Jeans’s material bag, pouch, money pars, cloth bag, etc.
- Leather bag, hair clip, leather money bank, ornament box, etc.
- Many kinds of wooden product like the tablemate, showpiece, hair clip, wall pocket, specular, etc.
- The huge verity of Saree, Panjabi, Kurti, Salwar kameez piece, etc.
- Last but not list, the items of Kantha Stich. There is a large amount of Kantha Stich product you can find, like Saree, Panjabi, Bag, Bed sheet, Dupatta, salwar-kameez, shirt and lots more.
I am a shopping lover person, so I perched a different kind of unique items from there for myself and my family.
Fooding in Amar Kutir Hensel Ghar, Ballavpur, West Bengal
Amar Kutir Hensel Ghar served good quality of food by the nostalgic way. All the kitchenware made Bell metal (কাঁসা). The price is little high compared to other hotels in Bolpur.
Amar Kutir showroom VS Sonajhurir haat
If you unable to visit Sonajhurir haat on Saturday you can buy stuff from Amar Kutir. Price is almost same both of places. In Sonajhuri haat you can bargain a little but in Amar kutir you buy product including GST.
Amar Kutir Sightseeing in Santiniketan
- Amar Kutir ECO tourism park ballavpur, west Bengal – bolpur Amar kutir park is just 2 to 3 minutes walking distance. It is made by society for rural development.
- Kopai River Shantiniketan – is a walkable distance from the Amar Kutir, you can watch a small part of the river from here.
- Prakriti Bhavan Nature Art museum – is just 2.7 km from Amar Kutir, you can reach within 5 minutes by a Toto.
- Sonibar er hat / khoai boner hat – to Amar Kutir distance only 3.4 km, you can reach there within 6 minutes by Toto.
- Srijani Shilpagram – is just around 4 km away from Amar Kutir. You can reach there within 9 minutes by a Toto.
How to reach Amar Kutir Shantiniketan in West Bengal
Amar Kutir society for Rural Development (AKSRD) is very popular in Bolpur Santiniketan. It.s is well connected by roadways, railway and by public transport to all places in West Bengal. From the Bolpur – Santiniketan Railway Station, take Bolpur -Suri Road via Sriniketan to reach this place by Auto/Toto/Taxi ( 7 km ).
It is 180 k.m. from Kolkata by railway, 55 km. From Burdwan by railways and 54 k.m from Durgapur by railway. Those who travel by road from Kolkata it is 163.5 km, from Burdwan it takes 62 k.m and from Durgapur, it is 54 k.m. And from Sriniketan to Amar Kutir distance is just 2 km.
I need 5 second from you to share this on your circle.